Well it is about that time where I get an itch to learn something new, build something new and just play with technology.
This will be a short (about four parts I think) series of blog entries as I fumble and eventually get something working.
Nobody really reads my blog that I know of. You know what they say…”blog like nobody reads it”. Well that is just what I do. I think I mostly blog just to have a place of reference…much like a notepad that is also viewable by the public. So if you do happen to read this and it does help you…..well Huzzah!
So I picked Ruby on Rails published to the cloud service http://www.heroku.com/
Reasons for this choice
- Lots of hype about cloud and I wanted to play in it.
- I looked at building something in http://force.com , but it didn’t interest me enough.
- I have been watching Ruby and Rails for a long time and always have had a interest to build something in it. It kinda reminds me of the next next next generation of Fusebox back in the ColdFusion days.
- A group in my company is building an app with RoR http://beta.hubbubhealth.com/
- And the best reason….Ruby is my birthstone!